The TrueLicense Core module provides essential functionality for
Using the TrueLicense Core you can…
- Configure your software product’s licensing schema using an internal Domain Specific Language (DSL) with a fluent design.
- Manually or automatically start a free trial period (FTP) for users.
- Sell different types of license keys for different editions.
- Install license keys to files, preferences nodes or any custom store.
- Create license keys by duplicating, initializing, validating, encoding, signing, encoding (again), compressing and encrypting license beans.
- Encode arbitrary properties into license keys using XML.
- Take advantage of a predefined set of common properties for the licensing subject, license issuer/vendor, license holder/consumer, license term, consumer type/amount and more.
- Vend and consume version-1 (V1) or version-2-with-XML (V2/XML) license keys:
- Use the V1 license key format in order to enable full compatibility with existing license keys for software products upgrading from TrueLicense 1.
- Use the V2/XML license key format in order to take advantage of enhanced compression and encryption for new software products.
- Exploit the Java Cryptography Architecture (JCA) for authentication and encryption with configurable algorithms and parameters.
- Select custom strategies for hardware dongling:
- Implement a custom license validation for testing the MAC addresses of the computer, or…
- use a custom JCA provider for accessing a key store on a SmartCard, or…
- use removable storage media for persisting key stores.
- Take advantage of an internationalized API with English and German localizations.
- Configure an authoritative clock to prevent against attacks on the validity period of installed license keys.
- Configure caching of intermediate results of the processing chain for super fast license verification and viewing.